Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality (EMM) spokesperson Themba Gadebe said phase two started on November 1.
This phase includes:
• More grass planting.
• Extension of the irrigation system.
• Upgrading of animal shelters.
Phase two is expected to be completed at the end of June 2018.
Phase one saw to the following:
• Dredging of the three dams.
• Irrigation system.
• Grass planting.
• Pumphouse to circulate the water between the four dams.
• Upgrading the water inlet and outlet of the dams.
• Internal fencing.
The spokesperson said the park has about 200 to 300 rabbits left in the park.
Gadebe said 50 rabbits will remain and all the farm animals will be returned to the park.
“No animal will be brought back until there is sufficient natural grazing for them and until we have the approval of the SPCA to do so,” said Gadebe.
Follow us on these platforms:
For news straight to your phone invite us:
WhatsApp: 079 431 1217