• Litter Bugs Clean-up (National Clean up week), cleaning up verges, pavements and kerbsides on Derwent Street, meet at the park on Derwent and Ennerdale streets, Farrarmere, bring your own gloves, bags supplied, 2.30pm (Samantha Choles 082 452 2566)
• Free photographic youth fun (seven to 17 years old), no experience needed, bring your cellphone, tablet, compact or DSLR, GETPIX, Creative College, 85 Main Road, Farrarmere, 9am till noon (Clarissa 011 425 1768).
• Benoni Horticultural Society meeting, talk on Polyphagous shot hole borer publicise insect threatening trees in JHB and surroundings and a discussion on pruning of ornamental trees and street trees by guest speaker Jaco Pitzer, Four Seasons Nursery, Eva Road, Fairleads, 2.15 pm for 2.30pm (Stephen Rehbock 011 849 2657).
• All Souls Church morning market and book sale, 42 O’Reilly Merry Street, Northmead, 7am until 1pm (Betty Chard 082 455 6752)
September 17, 21, 25 and 29
• Clicks Oakfields free blood pressure and cholesterol tests, (Monday-Friday) Oakfields Centre, corner Oak and Malva streets, Northmead, 2pm (Benita Moore 011 849 2045)
September 17 to 24
• Samarpan Meditation eight days workshop, each programme hosted daily, 15 Sheridan Road, Farrarmere, 7pm(Jayesh 071 677 5058 or Percy 011 849 2610 or [email protected]).
• Healing, Education, Addicted, Lives (Heal) support group meeting every Monday, St Andrew’s Community Church, Miles Sharp Street, Rynfield, 7pm (Graham 082 448 3351).
• Social Scrabble Club, meets every Monday, everyone welcome, Girl Guide Headquarters, 65 van Rooyen Street, Morehill, 2pm (Vivienne Ridyard 011 849 5508 or 073 147 5505).
September 17 to November 19
• Northfield Methodist Church GriefShare Series, support and encouragement for your grief journey, join at any session during the series, The Well, Aerodrome Drive, Airfield, Mondays at 7pm to 9pm and Wednesdays at 11am to 1pm (Alia Windell 083 542 1524 or 010 140 0217).
• The Cantare Jubiloso Choir auditions, the auditions will be utilised to establish tone, voice quality and more, Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk on the corner of Struben and De Mist streets, Rynfield at 6pm (Lanie Coetzer on 082 940 9001).
• LifeLine Ekurhuleni Spring Golf Day, four balls needed, hole sponsors and prizes, Benoni Country Club, Morris Avenue, Morehill, 9.30am (Gary 083 449 3040 or Mike 082 801 0926).
• Sarie Club meeting, guest speaker Dazelle Venter from Be Dazzled Sewing and Quilting Shop, will talk on new fashion, material, embroidery, colours and scents, she will also hold a mini-fashion parade with her clothes, cost charged per person, Lakeview Boutique Hotel, 94 Wilge Rd, Farrarmere, 6pm for 6.30pm (Susan Noppe 083 268 7245 or [email protected]).
• East Rand Bird Club meeting, guest speaker Eelco Meyjes, will talk on ‘Cycling through Namibia’, visitors welcome, Benoni Library Auditorium, 7.30pm (Awie Coetzee 083 677 7097).
• Diabetic Support Group meeting, 5 Ninth Avenue, Northmead, 6pm (Louise Choate 082 783 4792).
• Alzheimer’s SA and Rynpark Dementia Awareness, entry free, booking essential, Rynpark One, Parker Street, Rynfield, 10am (Sonja Naude 011 747 7000).
• Benoni van Rhyn Lions Club second-hand book sale, Northmead Mall, First Street, Northmead, 9am until 3pm (Janis van der Heiden 082 978 8266).
• The Garland Ladies Luncheon AGM, Ebotse Golf Estate, the Katze room, Sarel Cilliers Street, Rynfield, noon (Margie Kostelac 082 417 3649).
• LifeLine Ekurhuleni murder mystery evening in conjunction with Asiago Modern Italian Eatery, attendees must dress up, entry charged per person, booking essential, dinner will be provided at an additional cost, 197 Elston Avenue, Western Extension, 6.30pm (011 421 0899 or 011 421 0909).
• Benoni High Class of 1970 reunion, now known as Willowmoore High, entry charged per person, spouses and partners are allowed, RSVP by September 15, Benoni Country Club, Morris Avenue, 11.30am (Margeret (Charalambous) Pappas on 079 516 6790).
• Benoni City Times and Benoni High School presents the Great Benoni Bake Sale, a variety of cakes, stalls, music and fun for the whole family, to book a stall email [email protected] (For more info visit www.facebook.com/greatbakesale or www.benonicitytimes.co.za).
• Guided group tour of up to three hours through Melville Koppies Central, entry fee charged, children must be over six years old, no dogs allowed, funds raised go towards maintaining the Koppies, Marks Park, Judith Road, Emmarentia, 8.30am
(the office 011 482 4797 or www.mk.org.za).
September 28 to 30
• Witwatersrand Orchid Society Spring Orchid Show, stunning orchids on display, plant and orchid accessories sale, demonstrations and talks on orchid topics at regular intervals, entry charged per person, pensioners free on Friday, The Floreum, Johannesburg Botanical Gardens, Emmarentia, 9am until 4pm (Marinus Kort 082 477 5081).
• Cansa Shades of Pink 5km and 10km fun walk, pre-register online at qkt.io.cansashadesofpink, entry fee will be charged per adult and child, Rietvlei Zoo Farm, Johannesburg, 9am (Yolandi Jacobs on 083 937 7187 or [email protected]).
• Bokkie Park Food and Craft Market ‘Christmas in October’, Bokkie Park, Southvale Road, Parkdene, Boksburg, 9am to 2.30pm (Janine Richardson 072 713 3332).
• Cansa Relay for Life East Rand annual ‘Bedazzle Your Bra’ gala evening, theme: modern African or formal, cost charged per table of six, eight or 10, RSVP by September 17, Birchwood Hotel and Conference Centre, 14 Viwe Point Road, Bardene, Boksburg, 7pm (Yolandi Jacobs 083 937 7187 or [email protected] or Sonia Pretorius 082 904 1390 or [email protected]).
What’s On is a community-based bulletin board and is not meant for profit-making business ventures. Items are included at our discretion. To have events included fax details, name and surname of a contact person to Penelope Masilela on 011 849 5966, or email to [email protected], by no later than 2pm on the Friday of the week before the item should appear.
For news straight to your phone invite us:
WhatsApp: 079 431 1217