October 29 to November 19
Northfield Methodist Church GriefShare Series, support and encouragement for your grief journey, join at any session during the series, The Well, Aerodrome Drive, Airfield, Mondays at 7pm to 9pm and Wednesdays at 11am to 1pm (Alia Windell 083 542 1524 or 010 140 0217)
Hospice East Rand Tree of Memories, Welsh Male Voice Choir and St Francis Senior College Choir to perform, Northfield Methodist Church, Aerodrome Drive, Airfield, 6.45pm for 7pm (011 422 1531)
• Benoni Community Policing Forum (CPF) annual family fun day fund-raiser, food, fun, and stalls of all kinds, including a beer tent, children’s entertainment and competitions, live entertainment and demonstrations by the EMPD, in conjunction with SAPS, entrance free, Northerns sports grounds behind John Barrable Hall, 9am (Marinda Beukes 082 920 1548, after 4pm only)
• Lemongrass Halloween Night Market, trick or treat, best dressed (adults and children competition), best carved pumpkin competition (bring own pumpkin), line dancing and belly dancing, various stalls, supporting Kids Haven, LifeLine Ekurhuleni and Hospice East Rand, 4pm to 10pm.
• Methodist Homes-Eddy House book sale, variety of books suitable for all readers, 133 Ampthill Avenue, Benoni CBD, 9am to noon (Estelle Boshoff 011 686 1300)
• Hospice East Rand second-hand book sale, half-price books, 157 Victoria Avenue, Western Extension, 8.30am to noon (011 422 1531)
• OR Tambo Arts and Crafts Market, fashion edition, various stalls, live performances, indigenous games, free entrance, OR Tambo Cultural Precinct, 10am until 10pm (071 090 9240 or 063 203 1427)
November 3 and 4
Fuchsia Festival, Imbali Nursery, free entry, new varieties 2018-2019, baskets and pots available, 27 Pretoria Road, Zesfontein, 9am until 4pm (Zandra Viljoen 078 012 0895 or 083 695 7651)
Diabetic Support Group meeting, 5 Ninth Avenue, Northmead, 6pm (Louise Choate 082 783 4792)
Eastlands Lifestyle Estate Christmas Market, arts and crafts, food, Christmas gifts, 101 Eastland Drive (off Ninth road), Bredell, 10am until 3pm (To book a stall contact Bithia 082 309 1782)
Benoryn Lions Branch Club old school fish and chips pub night fund-raiser (for venue and time contact Leslie Young on 083 260 8282)
Methodist Homes-Eddy House Christmas Lunch fund-raiser, sponsors needed to donate R100 towards the lunch which will exclude the price of the lunch, public welcome, 133 Ampthill Avenue, Benoni CBD, 12.30pm for 1pm (Estelle Boshoff 011 686 1300)
Connexions Church Christmas Market, tables still available, 12 Chaucer Street, Farrarmere, 3pm until 9pm (Gwen Bennett 011 849 6012 or [email protected])
Hospice East Rand movie night, screening of Juliet Naked, Nu Metro Emperors Palace, Kempton Park, entry fee charged person including the movie ticket, popcorn and soda, tickets available online http://qkt.io/movie-night (Laura Kirsten 083 274 5288 or [email protected]
Bokkie Park Food Market, Bokkie Park, Southvale Road, Parkdene, Boksburg, 9am to 2.30pm (Janine Richardson 072 713 3332).
• Moth Ex-servicemen’s Cottage Association, Moth Dickie Fritz Shell Hole Edenvale with assistance of the South African War Graves Society will host a Fête and Parade with a Flea and Militaria Market, food stalls, tea garden, military vintage vehicles and classic car show, two pipe bands, presentation by Lt Col Wynand du Toit from 4 Reconnaissance Regiment, entrance is free, Dickie Fritz Moth Cottage, 115 Dickie Fritz Avenue, Dowerglen, 9am (Leon 082 848 5368)
Guided group tour through Melville Koppies, entry fee charged, children must be over six years old, no dogs allowed, funds raised go towards maintaining the Koppies, Marks Park, Judith Road, Emmarentia, 8.30am (the office 011 482 4797 or www.mk.org.za)
• Pug Rescue SA Durban Pug Olympics, entry will be charged, any donations welcome, Gelofte High School, 2 Caversham Road, Pinetown, 10.30am.
Lifeline Ekurhuleni dinner/dance fund-raiser with Zelda la Grange as the guest speaker, tickets cost R550 per person or R5 000 for a table of 10, proceeds will go towards LifeLine Ekurhuleni, Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club, 6pm (Gary Chapman on 083 449 3040 or email [email protected], or Dawn Collard on 082 926 3817 or email [email protected])
Pubniters, A night legend like us, live entertainment, entry charged per person, supporting LifeLine Ekurhuleni, Summerfields Primary School, Impala Park, 6.30pm for 7pm (Celia 076 105 2820 or [email protected])
Ekurhuleni FM t/a East Rand Stereo AGM, public welcome, RSVP before December 7 at 2pm, Stable Inn, Springs, 6pm (011 362 1569)
What’s On is a community-based bulletin board and is not meant for profit-making business ventures. Items are included at our discretion. To have events included fax details, name and surname of a contact person to Penelope Masilela on 011 849 5966, or email to [email protected], by no later than 2pm on the Friday of the week before the item should appear.
Follow us on these platforms:
For news straight to your phone invite us:
WhatsApp: 079 431 1217