People • News • Events • Business • Sport • Music
Stay informed with us and manage your FOMO...
Win big with Caxton Radio Benoni
What is Caxton Radio Benoni?
The online streaming station started playing on www.benonicitytimes.co.za on March 1.
Listeners can enjoy a wide range of music from several decades, including an 80s show on Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 3pm.
Along with a jam-packed music selection, the Benoni City Times newsroom is hard at work to report on stories of interest to Benonians.
Your much-loved business column, The Money Spot, can be heard Monday to Thursday at 6pm, 8pm and 10pm and Friday at 6pm.
There is a daily news report from Monday to Friday, which plays at 5pm and 7pm.
The ever-vibrant Logie G has your sports preview on Friday at 4.30pm and 5.30pm, and the summary of the weekend’s sport on Monday at 4.30pm, 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
There is much, much more local content and many more features, but we will not spoil the surprise.
All you have to do to listen is log on to www.benonicitytimes.co.za and press the ‘play button’ at the top of the homepage.
It’s as simple as that.
See you on April 21.
This Page Is Proudly Brought To You By
Benonians win big with Caxton Radio!
The Caxton Radio public launch was a success.
Three, two, one… that was the countdown for noon on Saturday afternoon when Caxton Radio Benoni was officially launched to members of the public.
Our VIP guests, Trevor Kalidheen, Brenda van Heerden and Liezel Genis (they won through a Facebook competition) were among the 30 people who played Pick a Box.
This concept was simple under the guidance of Paul Rotherham who asked Miss Benoni 2017 Jennifer de Beer, to send around a box filled with 30 pieces of paper, each containing a number for those who wanted to play Pick a Box.
The contestants then joined Rotherham on stage and picked one of 30 boxes.
Caxton central East Rand business manager Linda Pretorius was behind the scene taking the prizes from inside the box for de Beer to present to the winners.
Here are some of the prizes which were won:
• Asiago: Pizzas
• Aura Beaute Salon: Bio Sculpture Gel overlay
• Blink: Voucher
• Café Bellini: Meal voucher
• Café Mirosta: Gift vouchers
• Casbah Roadhouse: Food voucher
• Essence Hair and Beauty: Cut and blow-wave
• Eve Estates: Health Hydro Spa voucher
• Grapes Pub and Restaurant: Food vouchers
• Grid & Grill: Voucher
• Hair Goalz: Cut, colour and blow
• Harcourts: Lakeside Mall voucher
• Hayward Diamonds: Necklace
• Hayward Holdings: Housewarming hamper
• Jan Jordaan: Housewarming hamper
• Liquor City: Wines
• McGinty’s: Voucher
• Monarch: Voucher
• Oakfields Pick n Pay: Gift cards
• PNA: Gift vouchers
• Pick n Pay Farrarmere: Six bottles of wine
• Rampage modelling: Six modelling vouchers
• Remax: Lakeside Mall vouchers
• Remax Randgro: Two Checkers vouchers
• Ribbon Stencil Décor: Discount voucher for printing
• Shakti Shanti Boutique: Voucher
• Sorbet Farrarmere/Northmead Square: Vouchers
• Superior Cell and Computers: Iron
• Superior Cell and Computers: Kettle
• The Secret Garden Restaurant: Gift voucher
• Your Family Magazine: Five cookbooks
• Zodiac: PnP voucher
DJ Voltrex also played at the event and got the crowd dancing with them.
Festival @ St Dunstan’s general access tickets were also given to several people.
Some participants read about the Pick a Box event in the Benoni City Times, while others were shoppers who saw a crowd gathered near the escalators and stopped to see what was happening.
Rotherham also asked a few questions about The Festival and Caxton Radio, which the crowd answered together.
Keep listening to Caxton Radio Benoni on www.benonicitytimes.co.za for more local news, more often and share your stories with us by sending a WhatsApp message to 079 431 1217.